Friday, September 21, 2012

I Love Malaysia: Malaysian Indian History


Lives in Malaysia had made me feel so proud to be Malaysian. For me, Malaysia is a unique country where they are three main races which is Malays, Chinese and Indians. Living in a multi-racial country had made me wonder about the history of this races togetherness. By the way, since I have to complete my task on Digital & Mobile Communication subject, I would like take this opportunity to study on the races which I interested the most. It is about the Indians. The main purpose of creating this blog is to achieved the objective that i have list below.

            Blog objectives:

                      i.        To study on languages that being use by Indians and 
what are the differences between them.

                    ii.        To know about Indian Cuisine and its specialties.

                   iii.        To identify the types of Indian dance and when they
                  perform it.

                   iv.        To study on Indian festivals and the history of it.

                    v.        To know about the types of Indian clothes and its history. 

Spices

Coin from tin



Based on the theme of Malaysia: Then and now I would like to study on the history of Indian in Malaysia. To recall from what have I learn from primary school, the existence of India in Malaysia started during the British colonization of Malaya. Most of the Indians are migrated from India and Sri Lanka.This is due to the use of iron, copper and other metals that were exchange or the needed of spices.

 However, after Malaysia a free from colonizer or imperialism  These are statistic of Indians. They had constituted 15.5 per cent of Malaysian professionals. This includes doctors (28.4%), lawyers (26.8%), dentists (21%), veterinary surgeons (28.5%), engineers (6.4%), accountants (5.8%), surveyors (3.0%) and architects (1.5%). Furthermore, Malaysian Indians make up 38% of the Malaysian medical workforce.

Source: http://www.indianhighcommission.com.my/history.php

Lawyer

Doctor


No comments:

Post a Comment